Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bad Boy Home Wrecker


“On our first date, he took me to a party. From the minute he picked me up, he couldn’t seem to keep his hands off of me.”

Before I met my husband I dated so many guys who were dogs, destined to be Home Wreckers. I was used to being with guys who were considered “bad boys.” I guess I was attracted to the uncertainty of their potential actions or aggressiveness. So many young girls intentionally or unintentionally degrade themselves thinking they don’t deserve better. I never looked at it that way. I just liked the excitement and maybe even the unpredictability.  When I met my husband he treated me with respect and seemed to adore me right off the bat. That made me skeptical because of my past experiences. He didn’t play games and yet his behavior made me nervous. How could he think I was the girl for him after knowing me for such a short period of time? I didn’t trust his enthusiasm.


No comments:

Post a Comment