Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Being an overweight teen is a Home Wrecker


“I spent endless afternoons after school in front of the TV set by myself, usually stuffing my face with food.”

I was a chubby teen and being overweight has stayed with me throughout my life. Kids were cruel and picked on me. Junk food and lack of exercise was my Home Wrecker. I think that is why I got into fitness. Like many therapists who go into psychology to try to understand their shortcomings, I got very involved in my exercise because I was trying to get a handle on something that was always difficult for me. I became very extreme with my eating and exercising regimen. I learned by eating better foods and exercising on a regular basis I could be successful in this area. This was something in your life that you could actually control and that felt good.


No comments:

Post a Comment