Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cancer is a Home Wrecker


“Those were difficult years, as my life always felt uncertain. I guess that goes with the territory, as being in your twenties can really be confusing.”

Throughout my twenties I was searching for something that I didn’t even think existed. I wanted to feel like an adult but I was still very much a child. I didn’t see myself married and most definitely didn’t see myself as a mother. I lived pretty much like a teenager except that I was in my own apartment. Cancer was the Home Wrecker in my house. Cancer killed my mom when I had just turned twenty-one. I had to learn to survive on my own. By that time I was looking for a purpose in my life. That is when I decided it was time for me to settle down. I met this man that was offering me the world and I grabbed on to him. I didn’t marry him because he was the love of my life. I married him because I thought if I didn’t I would be making the biggest mistake of my life. In retrospect, I feel by that my marrying him I made the biggest mistake of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment