Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Death: a real Home Wrecker


“My mother wasn’t a saint and had her fair share of quirks, but I liked being with her. She had a silly side that made things fun and she was easy to be around.”

I guess you could say I am a lot like my mother yet she was better educated. She had great common sense and was naturally bright. She always wanted to be a writer but never did anything about it. She was very articulate but like me didn’t give herself the credit for having the ability to accomplish great things. I wish she would have had the confidence to follow her dreams. Instead she made everything about her kids top priority. Her needs always took a backseat.
In some ways my mom contributed to my fall from grace. She spoiled me so much that I didn’t know how to take care of myself. I never learned to work hard for anything and I never really had to grow up. Not until she was gone and suddenly I had to fend for myself. In this case her death became my Home Wrecker!


No comments:

Post a Comment