Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Divorce, Infidelity, and the Home Wrecker


“There were times when my parents fought and I begged my mother to leave with me.”

While I was growing up I was very sheltered. My parents tried to protect me from the real world. In my world I didn’t know anyone who was a Home Wrecker. All my parents friends and family members who were married didn’t get divorced. I don’t even think I really understood what divorce was and I definitely didn’t know anything about infidelity. I do recall having a friend in the fourth grade who lived with her mom in Los Angeles during most of the year and then lived with her dad in New York during the summer months. I just thought she was lucky. I had no idea she was from a broken home. In those years, things like divorce was hardly ever talked about. I know it existed but it wasn’t as wide spread as it is now. Sadly, these days a divorce is just as common as a marriage.



No comments:

Post a Comment