Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Home Wrecker Degree


“I was sheltered, but not guided one way or the other. I never even thought about working toward getting a college degree.”

When I was a teenager I was never really driven to go away to college even though many of my friends were busy making their plans. I think my mom didn’t like the thought of me being far away from her and my dad didn’t put so much merit on a college degree. Maybe if I were his son he would have put some pressure on me. I think he was of the school that woman were best as housewives. The only course I remember him encouraging me to pursue was typing class. At that time we actually typed on old fashion typewriters. That was way before I even thought about writing Home Wrecker. Sadly, my typing skills were pathetic. Needless to say I failed miserably!


No comments:

Post a Comment