Thursday, November 15, 2012

Home Wrecker passion

Now that I have completed my first book Home Wrecker I am considered an author. How funny that sounds. As it is, I do a very good job of butchering up the English language.

I just have the need to write. There is nothing better when my words all come together. It is such a good feeling. Unfortunately, it does not always come naturally. I don’t know that I possess an exceptional gift but just the same I need to write almost as much as I need to eat and sleep. When I have actually written something that works it is the best feeling in the world. It makes me feel like I can breathe again.
I started writing as a teenager. Actually I wrote my first story, “Alexandria the Great” when I was no more than ten-years-old. That story was about an outcast that was misunderstood. That general theme has continued with me ever since. I loved playing with words and telling my tale. While I would read my stories to others I would feel something special inside. It made me feel like I stood out from the rest. I guess you could say writing is my passion even though I never really thought I would accomplish anything with it. I just did it because it was one thing that really interested me.
What is your passion in life? When did you discover this was something that gave you a spark? Are you able to follow your heart and still make a living? 

No comments:

Post a Comment