Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Home Wrecker vs. Judgment


“After I left my husband for another man I had to brave the storm.”

I never thought taking care of myself as I did by leaving my husband would start such a firestorm in my life.  After I made the decision to walk away from my marriage I had to endure so much criticism.  I knew people would have an opinion. But I never thought my best friends, my inner circle would be so critical of me. I couldn't have imagined that my closest friends would turn on me. I am not saying that all of them turned. In fact, some of them were amazing. I guess I just expected all of them would show me their undying support. Boy was I wrong.
Now that I have made it through this experience, I believe I have to live for myself. That doesn’t mean that it is okay to hurt others along the way. I just mean it is important to be true to yourself and actually follow your heart. When I fell in love with another man it altered the direction of my life forever. My new nickname became Home Wrecker and my life changed in almost every way.
For the rest of my life I have to live knowing that I hurt someone who loved me and trusted me. That is the price I have to pay for making such an unpopular decision. I don’t feel I owed my husband my life. We were not happy together. Even though I could have done things differently I can’t take back what it already done. For that I am sorry but I cannot live with regrets. Actually, I don’t have regrets. I made this resolve fully awake and if I had to face the same decision today, I would do it all over again.
I believe if your relationship situation makes you unhappy then it is up to you to do something about it. I never want to be the kind of person that condemns someone else for trying to live their life to the fullest. It is not up to me or anyone else to dictate how another person should live. Unless you have walked in the other persons shoes you really have no right to make such a harsh judgment. There is nothing wrong having opinions. We should all feel free to to think whatever we want but, if we had any class, these thoughts should be kept to ourselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment