Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Old Fashion Home Wrecker


“Being married definitely took work. When we fought, I felt like I wanted to float away and drown, whereas before I knew I could walk away without any strings attached.”

Even though I dated my then future husband for nearly two years before we got married, so much changed after I said “I do.” I think his expectations of what he wanted of me altered. I guess he thought a wife should be more subservient and follow his lead because he was the man. That never would have worked for me. I could not be someone I was not and wasn’t about to follow in my parents footsteps. I wasn’t looking for that kind of relationship but soon after we were married I realized that I married my father. He didn’t have my dads temper but he had similar desires to be in control. To my knowledge, my dad was not a cheater but I believe his old fashion ideas created a Home Wrecker in him.



No comments:

Post a Comment