Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Settling is a Home Wrecker


“I had to get used to it because my life was no longer safe and I was no longer protected like I once was.”

Even though I was not always so happy in my marriage, being married provided me with some security. I knew I would never be on the street and would never have to be alone. I know that is not enough reason to stay with a person but many people settle like I did. At the time I felt this man was going to love me unconditionally. I also knew he was not going to cheat on me. He was not going to be a Home Wrecker in that way.
Does anyone out there know without a doubt that they have settled? If so, how long did it take you to admit it to yourself?
I know that I set my sites too low. I am not saying my husband was not a good man. He had many good qualities and could make the right girl very happy but not this girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment