Tuesday, November 27, 2012

THE NEXT BEST THING WITH JOHN EMIL AUGUSTINE


I HAVE BEEN INVITED ALONG WITH SOME AUTHOR FRIENDS TO JOIN IN THE BLOG-CHAIN CALLED 'MY NEXT BIG THING'.






THANKS TO MY FACEBOOK OPPONENT BRENDA PERLIN FOR THE SUMMONS TO ATTEND THIS BLOG-CHAIN.  I PLAN TO OUT-WRITE HER IN THE RACE TO COMPLETE OUR LATEST BOOK'S? WHO WILL FINISH FIRST?

YOU CAN FIND OUR PAGES ON FACEBOOK AND VOTE FOR WHO YOU THINK WILL BE THE WINNER.
Facebook Team John Emil Augustine



HERE IS WHAT I HAD TO SAY ABOUT MY NEXT BIG THING.

What is the working title of your book?

Love Seen from Healing is book three in my Love Seen series. I am almost done with the entire rough draft. The first two books are already out and available for download as well as in paperback: Love Seen from Hell and Love Seen from Heartache. The link is below.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

My first book, Love Seen from Hell, was a series of Facebook messages to a friend of mine who had gone through a similar situation to mine; namely, an abusive relationship. I wanted to send her my story and what I had learned in hopes of giving her some perspective. After I realized it was almost as long as a book (my poor friend!), I doctored it up and actually did turn it into a book.

What genre does your book fall under?

It is a non-fiction romance which also very much fits into the
inspirational memoir category.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Almost two months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

It’s like nothing else that’s out there. The only kindred book is Home Wrecker, as its author Brenda Perlin and I share similar situations in our books.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

Actually, my friend Olivia, who has always been like a kid sister to me, inspired the book. She had been through an awful relationship and was saved from it by a guy who spent a year convincing her to get out of the relationship. Eventually the two of them developed a romantic relationship which didn’t work out the way either of them expected because he was killed. So he saved her and then vanished. I understood
that feeling to some degree, so I shared my story with her via
Facebook.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

These are real-life stories of marriage, divorce, kids, family, and individual struggles from my perspective, i.e. the perspective of a man. That right there can be intriguing to a reader and can also turn a potential reader off. I have heard both responses. Each time I have heard either response, it has been followed by the observation that once into the first chapter, the series simply becomes a heart-wrenching and heart-warming story to which guys and gals, fiction and non-fiction lovers can easily relate and, I hope, can be given a lens through which to see good things about their own struggles as well as their own happiness.



And now, I'll pass the baton to some of my writer friends that kindly agreed to participate in the blog-chain ... stay tuned to read about their Next Big Thing.


Brenda Perlin- Home Wrecker

HOME WRECKER TO BE RE-RELEASED JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!



MARK BARRY- Green Wizard Blogspot   An Interview With Brenda Perlin On Green Wizards Blog

Sarah Bunchynski- The Awakening.. Sarah Bunchynski Blog Please visit Facebook BeforeTrue Light

Lisa Day- Wolfkeeper's Woman
 Lisa Day Website Please visit the 
  Lisa Day Facebook Author Page


Paige Bleu- Finding Summerland...Paige Bleu Blog Please visit the  Paige Bleu Facebook Author Page



Jessica Kong- A Lost Kitten...Jessica Kong Blog


THE BLOG-CHAIN ORIGINATOR ANDY DUNCAN, AUTHOR OF THE BADGER-BOY BROUHAHA 






1 comment: