Thursday, December 13, 2012

Home Wrecker vs. Guilt


When I left my husband for another man I was scrutinized by just about everyone. More than that, I condemned myself continuously because I knew what I did was morally wrong.
I have had a hard time accepting what I did since I knew even while I was doing it, that it was unethical. You have to be able to feel good about yourself. You know the saying, “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Well, there lies my dilemma. 

How do you forgive yourself for something that you know was immoral? How do you let yourself off the hook for being  imperfect?

The thing is we can’t undo the past. What is done is done. There comes a time you have to give yourself a break. 

From all of my mistakes, I have learned from them and gained an education. Some of these mistakes, I would do all over again.  We are human, right? Sometimes it takes us hitting  our head against the wall over and over again to actually learn something.

It takes a lot of work to forgive yourself and actually believe it. 

2 comments:

  1. This is the one thing in our life that is the hardest to do, to forgive ourself. We rationalize, justify, and blame others; but the reality is, we did it. Whatever it may be. We are the ones who made the choice. And, we are the only ones who can give parden to that self of ours that we are less than proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tamylee for taking the time to read my post and to leave such a great comment. I really appreciate it!!!

    I do agree with what you said. I am working on forgiving myself. We are all human and without a doubt... flawed. I am working on moving on and being the best person I can be.

    ReplyDelete