Saturday, January 5, 2013


After losing both parents I have learned that you cannot take ANYTHING for granted. If I could just have one more day with my parents, one more hour, or even one more minute, I would jump at the chance.

Sometimes we don’t realize what we have until it is too late. We get so caught up in our lives and everyday problems that we can’t seem to look past them. What I do know from being sick is that all the things that were stressing me out during that time meant absolutely nothing compared to what I was facing. I was able to clear my calendar in an instant even though I thought those obligations written in pen were non-negotiable. 

With loss comes perspective. When I see people with two healthy parents and don’t appreciate them I cannot help thinking about how foolish they are being. I understand there are some relationships that are non-repairable. I just know what it is like to not have the chance to say the things I wished to have said. If I could back I would make sure they both knew how much I really loved them and how grateful I am to them for their unconditional love.


No comments:

Post a Comment