Saturday, January 12, 2013

Settling is a Home Wrecker


Even though I failed on my wedding vows, I still believe in the constitution of marriage.  Had I married the right person in the first place I am convinced that I could have stuck with it and stayed true.

When I first met the man who would later become my husband, I resisted him. He did everything in his power to win me over, as they say. My intuition was telling me to walk away but I didn’t. I was so taken with his motivation to get me to love him that I found it difficult to turn him away.

At the time I was twenty-eight years old and was feeling like I had already missed the boat. I felt it was time for me to make that commitment even though many of the right pieces were not in place. I settled on something that should have never been. I went against my instincts and because of that, I was not true to myself. I settled, as sad as that sounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment