Monday, February 11, 2013

Home Wrecker Valentine


It has been close to three years that I met my boyfriend. That chance meeting changed my life completely. I never would have guessed that someone would have had the power to make me want to give up EVERYTHING. When I walked away from my marriage I didn’t just walk away from this one man. I walked away from everything that was familiar and safe. Many of the relationships in my life would forever be damaged or even come to a halt. At the time people might have thought I was losing it. They must have been thinking that I was having a nervous breakdown. I went completely out of my comfort zone and surprised even myself.

I do believe in fate and this man was my destiny. Maybe it was just meant to be. Same as I was meant to lose my mom at such a tender age and suffer a chronic illness. We don’t always have power over our future but whatever we can control we have to take advantage of because it is a gift. Somehow I was open enough to see that when I did. Had it been earlier I don’t think either one of us would have acted on it. We might have said “hello” and then just walked the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment