Sunday, February 10, 2013

Labeled a Home Wrecker


When I walked away from my fifteen year marriage I was given a label. That label was Home Wrecker and those words have defined me ever since. I was not a perfect wife but I tried to be the best person I could be. I wanted to be like my mom who put her family first. I cared about the welfare of my husband and was maternal with him. For most of those years we worked as a team. Then we did not.

Years of struggles and disappointment changed us. Those events altered everything. Our relationship became more about obligation and less about love. My feelings for him died and so did my enthusiasm for life. It was as if everything inside me went numb. During that time my husband became distant and whatever good that we had between us was no longer there. I stopped trying and I think he did too.


No comments:

Post a Comment