Monday, March 4, 2013

Home Wrecker or Reporter


When I was a little girl I used to wear my Brenda Starr Girl Reporter belt everyday. Since I did not know anyone else named Brenda I thought the comic book was about me. I really did. My parents could convince me of just about anything. Talk about gullible.

I was named after a character in some old random movie. My mom fell in love with the striking starlet that played the role of Brenda while she was pregnant with me. I had always wondered why Brenda? I thought I should be called something more exotic like Zooey, Brittany or even Alexandria.

When I was a teenager my mom told me she would be happy to go to court with me to change my name. I really considered it but I ended up staying with what was given to me. 

If anyone knows the name of a movie from the sixties where one of the main characters was named Brenda I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment