Saturday, March 16, 2013

Life and the Home Wrecker


Last night my boyfriend got me scared. He talked about a little persistent cough that he has had for a little while now. I did not feel insecure until he started talking about his vulnerability, then I started to feel vulnerable too. 

 I knew what he was thinking. “What if there is something really wrong with me?” I am not used to his health being in question, only mine. Now it made me think about the possibility of something happening to him. 

It took us a long time to find each other, most of our lives, in fact. Now we have finally found real love. After all this time, life has gotten good for us. Better than we ever could have imagined. With that thought, I can’t even think about losing him now or ever, but I am a realist and I know things don’t last forever. With this little scare I am reminded of how fragile we all are. 

I am going to make sure whatever time we both have on this planet that it is not going to be wasted on frivolousness. What we have is too good to be taken for granted. I don’t care if it took me being called a Home Wrecker to get where I am today because it was all so worth it. I wouldn’t want to change a thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment