Friday, June 14, 2013

The Last Night by Heather Kirchhoff


Today I am sharing a cover reveal for a very talented author, Heather Kirchhoff. This young lady really knows how to write. Her short story ‘Save Me’ in APOCALYPSE: An Anthology by Authors and Readers was brilliant. That is why I am so flattered that she asked me to join in on her cover reveal for her soon to be released book, The Last Night.
Description:
After Sarah Hill's boyfriend dies, everything changes. Caught up in her grief and desire to see him again, Sarah is challenged in moving on. She's sucked back into the world Sarah was in before they started dating-being invisible, bullied. She slowly begins to pull away from everyone, unable to do it anymore. Then one day her reality comes crashing down all around her, pushing Sarah to the edge...


My Review:

The pain this young girl experiences seems real. The losses she suffers is relatable on so many levels. This girl feels alone in the world, is bullied and misunderstood. She could be any of us. I could feel the pain she was in and the internal struggle she was dealing with. I got so caught up in the story that I didn't want to put it down. It was written with so much real life emotion. I want to applaud the author for writing such a moving yet vulnerable story about a teenager that has to deal with modern day problems. Sadly, so many teens keep their sorrow to themselves. Sometimes no one finds out about the suffering until it is too late.

"More tears crept down my cheeks, leaving them burning. Everything felt wrong. I was wrong. I didn’t belong here. I don’t fit in well enough, I never have. I’m always just that girl. The one who’s so quiet. The one who dated Ryan. The one who is constantly bullied. All because no one sees me for
who I truly am. I’m just there. That’s all, nothing more, nothing less. I opened my eyes and stared at the wall, letting my thoughts go insane, letting everything I’ve ever known slip even farther from me. I don’t try to get a grip on anything anymore. I’m done. I’m sick of being bullied, sick of being ignored, misunderstood. I’m tired of being alone. I don’t want that. I don’t want people to see me differently. I don’t want to go through this anymore. I don’t want someone to become my friend and then leave nor do I want to suffer. I can’t live like that. I’m always looking behind me, waiting for someone to expose my secret. I go through the same motions everyday,
burying my thoughts deep down, taking a deep breath, and facing the world. But eventually those thoughts come back to the surface, building my wall once again. I felt it happen, noticed how my hand started to shake as I became overwhelmed.”
Bio:
I live in a small town in Missouri with my three parents, sibliings, energy-filled dog, guinea pig, and three cats. I love to read, write, listen to music, hunt, fish, be outside, spend time with my animals/family, take pictures, and go for a walk in the woods. Music is my best friend. ♥ 
Writing is my passion, I don't know what I'd do without it. I just love it. When I'm not writing I'm doing odd jobs, reading, taking walks, or spending time with my animals/family.


Just in case you have not read it yet, please check out this great book:

S.L Dearing, Kate Charles, R.M. Gilmore, Brittany Hiester, Kimberly Hennessy, Jason Brant, Jayce Grayson, Jon Messenger, Jocelyn Sanchez, Heather Kirchhoff, Nicki Scalise.


What began as an idea soon set into motion a chain of events which would lead to the next APOCALYPSE...


I want you to imagine that the world as we know it has ended. Total Apocalypse. You only have yourself and one other person you can rely on. There is no power, no water, and you are armed with only a backpack of supplies. In your backpack there are matches, four bottles of water, enough food to make it three days, and one weapon. Spin a web of survival, danger, and conflict. Tell us why the world as you knew it ended, tell us your fears, make up a world in which nothing is the same and survival is hard, and the world is against you. Tell us what you would do, where you would go, how you would get food and water, how you would protect yourself, and how you would make your life over again. You could even throw in some romance and meet some new people to help you on your journey.

11 authors, 11 different stories, one main idea…welcome to the APOCALYPSE

Please watch for The Last Night

No comments:

Post a Comment