Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Book Launch for Becoming Bertha by Jane Carroll and Lethal Believers: DVM by G.Mitchell Baker


I am excited, thrilled, over the moon, eager and enthusiastic to share the Book Launch for Bertha Believers and Lethal Flamingos.

What do Bertha and Lethal Believers have in common? One great party...of course! Join us for a topsy turvy good time as we celebrate the release of two great books...Becoming Bertha by Jane Carroll and Lethal Believers: DVM by G.Mitchell Baker



Becoming Bertha, sequel to Bertha-Size Your Life!, continues
the saga of personal transformation in a lighthearted, entertaining narrative. 

As our narrator, Honey, adjusts to moving back to her home
town and beginning a writing career, Bertha is still up to her zany antics and
wardrobe. Bertha's hands are full what with founding the Sisterhood of the
Sacred Flamingo, designing fantasy shoes, writing Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Bertha's Guide to Life and Shoes,
and traveling on a national shoe model tour. Yet, she manages to find the time
to spar with the cat, climb on a soapbox without warning, and keep her nemesis,
Rita, at bay...without smudging her manicure.

Life is good until Bertha begins the shoe model tour,
leaving Honey to continue her transformation on her own or revert to her former
self. Will Honey follow Bertha's advice to get over who she has been and become
who she is? 

And...exactly who is she?


My Review:
"Everyone knows-home is where the flamingo is."

When I opened up the book I was so excited to be reunited with Bertha. I hadn't realized how much I missed her inspiring optimistic wisdom and flamboyant delivery. It was like meeting up with an old friend. One that I cherished no matter how little time we had together.

Bertha has a way of looking at life with rose colored glasses. Actually, bright pink (excuse me... Flamingo pink) and lime green but that is besides the point. She has a way of allowing you, the reader to see your own positive qualities. She doesn't talk down to you but rather brings you up by allowing you to appreciate your own uniqueness without worrying about what other people think. Bertha doesn't judge and never scrutinizes. She should be everyone's inner voice. If we let more Bertha into our lives we would be that much closer to accepting ourselves and  achieving our dreams.

"I don't think I'm melancholy. It's more like... reflective. It just hit me I really don't know who I am here... Here, I've been a child, a mother, a wife. I'm not exactly any of those things now and yet, here I am. I guess I just don't know who I am or what I'm supposed to do with myself anymore."



“Lethal Believers: DVM” is the second novel in the “Lethal Believers” series that pits Malachi Danta-Mercadel, a retired INTERPOL agent, against those who would act-out against The Innocents, be they children, animals, or those incapable of defending themselves from the exploitation of Mantid Tranquil.

Following the acclaimed novel, “Lethal Believers: The Innocents”, where an elusive mythos backs Danta’s role for protecting children from the exploitation of Mantid Tranquil, the story of “Lethal Believers: DVM” has Danta formally partnering with myth Lamia, a mythos still seeking rehabilitation from the wrongly attributed actions of a monster. Together, they set out to protect not only the innocent children, but defenseless and innocent animals as well. Will Danta continue to protect The Innocents from those unassuming, evil figures who would continue to pervade quiet communities, and to act under the auspices of Mantid Tranquil, or, will the task for protecting as many of The Innocents overwhelm the dedicated protector and supportive his Myth?

My Review:

This well written book will keep you on the edge of your seat. It is definitely not predictable nor is it a typical paranormal story. The sophistication in the writing will keep you guessing. The writing is clever, precise, clear and at the same time complex. Each passage goes down easier than a Stella Artois on a hot summer day.

The myths and the characters were fascinating and yet I had a difficult time reading some of the tragedies that took place on the pages of this book. I wanted to close my eyes or look away but at the same time like an automobile accident I couldn’t look away. I needed to know the outcome.

This story with all it’s intrigue and suspense will certainly grab your attention and the grip will hold you all the way through.

"Looking up. Danta rears his head back, all the while locking a stare with Emerine, her chilling eyes follow his hand, raising the stein of beer between them. Placing the mug to his lips, he takes a long draw of the draught. Anticipating the effect of the beer will be to continue to counter the effect of the lingering altitude sickness, Danta prepares for his exchange with his new, unexpected, but always to be expected patio guest."

If you haven't had a chance, make sure you read Jane Carroll's book Bertha-size Your Life and G. Mitchell Baker's Lethal Believers- The Innocents


1 comment:

  1. Brenda! Thank You so much for this wonderful presentation of the Lethal Believers series! Outstanding Effort! I am truly grateful for this presentation :-) Ever Sincerely, G Mitchell Baker

    ReplyDelete