Friday, July 19, 2013

My thanks to Kim Mutch Emerson and Master Koda Select Publishing


I think this is as good a day as any to give my thanks to my publishing company, Master Koda Select. I especially want to thank Kim Mutch Emerson, Rebbekah White, Arlene R. O’Neil and DeEtte Beckstead Anderson who have made this experience a great one. They are truly an inspirational collaboration.

My first book Home Wrecker was released by a very bad publishing company in May of 2012. I guess you can call them a vanity press although they would beg to differ. They made my first experience as a published author unbearable. The year that I was involved with them was one of the most difficult “professional” experiences I have ever had.

Even though they said they were paying to have the book published they left a lot out. It wasn’t until after I signed the contract that I learned about all the hidden charges. In fact, I paid for many things such as their marketing team but they took my money without following through. I got little in return. All they wanted were the fees they collected from us unassuming first time authors who didn’t know better. They were not a respectable company and treated me in a deplorable manner. When I tried to contact them I could not get any answers but was treated poorly by their rude phone staff. One of my biggest complaints was right off the bat they charged $27.95 for my paperback. When I wrote them and told them as a first time author that price would kill my sales they would not help me out. I ended up paying them $295 to lower the price to $18.95 which in my opinion is still unreasonable. I spent the entire year depressed about how I signed my rights away. Many people have been in class action suits with them but the company continues to thrive. I could go on and on for days with my complaints but I think you get the message!

Thankfully I was able to fight my way out of my seven year contract. Yes, you heard that right, seven years.

When my acceptance letter came from MKSP I couldn’t be happier because I knew in my heart that this would be an entirely different experience. I had some interactions with Kim Mutch Emerson and I felt I knew she would do good by me.

Since my book has been re-edited and re-published it has been an entirely different situation. I am treated like a person and I feel like I am surrounded by supportive, good hearted people. We work as a loving team and follow by example of Kim Mutch Emerson and Rebbekah White. With the help of Arlene R. O’Neil as editor, my book now reads the way it should without silly mistakes. It has been such a positive environment and I feel this is where I will gain my success with my books. I could not be happier or wish for anything much better than this. I am not even sure I could find anything better.

Have you had a bad experience with a publisher? What happened? If so, I hope you were also fortunate enough to get out of your contract. 

On that note, I would like to wish you all the best in your writing careers!!!


If you are looking for a publisher, check MKSP out!  Here are some ways to contact them:
These three books are some of the finest around:
Kim Mutch Emerson’s book Digitus 233
Digitus 233

"When Zeph, the adventurous son of a millionaire hid in the cargo hold of the Learjet carrying his brother Zander to camp he had no idea there was anything dark or ominous going on. That was until he watched Zander ejected from the plane onto a barren arctic island and Zeph, trapped on the plane, found himself headed for South America. Will he be able to expose the truth behind Digitus, the world's dominant corporation, or will they succeed in their sinister plan to control his brother and destroy the world?
This is more than an action packed book series; it's a wakeup call to the world. Will we allow ourselves to go blindly into slavery or will we stand up and fight for freedom and our basic human rights before it's too late?"

Arlene R. O’Neil’s book Broken Spokes

"Broken Spokes is more than a well-written, interesting read. It is an inspirational collection of the memories of a courageous child who, in spite of physical and emotional suffering, grew into a compassionate, loving and valiant woman.

Crippled at age six, the author begins an odyssey which will consume her entire life. Through her sufferings, she finds a way to heal others, and in doing so, saves herself."

DeEtte Beckstead Anderson’s book Victory
Victory
"Victory, a town where the people love their country and their neighbors, but what happens when two visitors come to town? One comes with fear and control, slowly taking away the freedoms the people love. The other comes with faith. When darkness overtakes the town who will have Victory?"

8 comments:

  1. Loved this post!! You are so generous youself and I know that MKSP is a perfect fit for you!! My co-author and I also had a bad experience with publishing our book(s). It's so wonderful to know that now that we are with MKSP those nightmares are over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about you girls and am so glad we are working as a team. You are the best cheerleaders around!!!! Love Fateful Night and can't wait for book two in the series!!!!

    I am glad you are now out of your contract too!!!!! What a difference!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Lot of MKSP love going round today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you found a good publisher for your wonderful book. I've had a bad publishing experience too, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to break free yet. I sent a termination letter which the publisher refuses to accept. The publisher breached numerous contract clauses, yet he expects me to stick to the terms of the contract and still publish with him. Like you, Brenda, it's been one of the worst "professional" experiences of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Tricia. You have been so supportive!!!! I really appreciate your kindness. Your book The Fifth Circle just blew me away!!!!!

    I hope you are going to be able to get out of your contract too. I know Kim would love your writing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post...and awesome women...all of you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete