Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wendy Siefken and Charles Siefken Blog Tour


Today I have the pleasure of sharing Wendy & Charles Siefken blog tour for an awesome book, Kai’s Journey:The New World Chronicles (The Kai and Clover Series)




Description

Kai has been fighting for survival and trying to find a way rid the world of the disease his father created... 
Kai's father accidentally created a race of zombies and like a virus; it soon spreads throughout the entire world!
Kai comes across a young woman named Clover, who is part of a clan traveling across the United States to try to find what is left of humanity. 
Clover is a part of a clan who has a secret of their own. Hiding among what is left of the human race, will Kai be able to handle the truth?
Kai and Clover are watching a meteor shower when their lives are changed forever! 
Kai and Clover begin a heroic journey, fueled by the increasingly dim hope that somehow, the human race will have a chance to start over.



What is the most embarrassing moment of your life Charlie?
I was talking to a couple of people who I thought were my friends and didn’t realize until I got closer to them that they weren’t my friends but total strangers! I saw them and just fell in behind them talking with them. When they turned around though I knew right away they weren’t who I thought they were. They looked at me with a look of “Who are you?” I just let them know that I thought they were friends of mine and that I was sorry. They said no biggie and we kept on talking about how we had all done things like that. The one girl who I thought was my friend told me how she had thought this lady one time was her mom. She had started talking to her when she realized it wasn’t her and she quickly walked away. The guy that was with her said he had done something like that with his brother. Only thing he said was “Sorry dude” to the guy and walked away. 
Come to find out we have all done something similar and we can look back and laugh about it now. But at the time you turn about 20 shades of red and try to find a hole to hide in. That day I had walked up to those two I had thought were my friends I had put in a long day of a double shift when I had run into these two people. I was just glad they didn’t yell at me or call the cops! We all laughed and just chalked it up to long days of work. Sometimes it’s not so bad living in a small town where even strangers can talk like friends.



Bio Charles Siefken (1992-present) is a recent graduate of high school. This is his first book of many to be published. He currently resides in rural central Iowa where he enjoys reading sci/fi books and playing video games among other things. He currently works at a local auto mechanics shop and will be attending college this fall to get a degree as well. Christopher Paolini was his inspiration to become a writer.
Wendy Siefken (1966-Present) Currently working full time from home on writing stories and now a virtual assistant to those in need of an extra pair of hands online. Wendy lives on a farm with her family and enjoys reading, gardening and other activities with her family and friends. This is our first publication with many more to follow. This all started as a school project for her youngest son and business partner, Charles Siefken, which has grown into a desire to be published.
The book is a journey into the fantasy realm of what if's. Zombies took over the world? What if werewolves were real? What if dragons were really not from earth but from another planet? I hope you enjoy this YA book. This book is ideal for a young reader who you may not want reading a book with a lot of blood and gore. This book doesn't have that. It has a story without all the graphics of a battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment