Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It's Kim Mutch Emerson's Birthday!!

Today is a great day and even better because it is Kim Mutch Emerson’s birthday!!!!

Kim is the author of the awesome YA book, Digitus 233.

When Zeph, the adventurous son of a millionaire hid in the cargo hold of the Learjet carrying his brother Zander to camp he had no idea there was anything dark or ominous going on. That was until he watched Zander ejected from the plane onto a barren arctic island and Zeph, trapped on the plane, found himself headed for South America. Will he be able to expose the truth behind Digitus, the world's dominant corporation, or will they succeed in their sinister plan to control his brother and destroy the world?
This is more than an action packed book series; it's a wakeup call to the world. Will we allow ourselves to go blindly into slavery or will we stand up and fight for freedom and our basic human rights before it's too late?

Kim is not only my publisher but I am pleased to call her my friend. She is  always open to assist anyone who needs a helping hand. Her heart is one of solid gold and I am so grateful to have her in my life!!!

If you are looking for a publisher, check out  Master Koda Select Publishing!  

How about a little Q & A!!!!!

We asked K.D. Emerson if she could go back in time to when she was seven years old, what wisdom or advice would she pass on to herself?
Don’t you dare put that pen down! No matter what anyone says, no matter how impractical it might seem, don’t put the pen down because when you get older there will be people that love your style and your writing will make a difference in their lives.

My favorite character from Digitus 233 is Crazy Dude, of course. How did you come up with that character?

All my characters are created from the dark corners of my mind with a little snippet of their personality inspired by a real person. So no matter whom your favorite character is in one of my books you will know there is someone real hidden in there somewhere. It’s up to the reader to figure out what that snippet is.

One thing I have been dying to ask, why did you end Digitus 233 with such a horrifying cliff hanger? It made me want to scream! I sat and thought about possibilities for a long time after finishing the novel.
Well, you just hit the answer to your own question right on the head. I wanted my readers to scream out and then I wanted them to use their own imagination to come up with their own possible ending. In book two I will share my conclusion with them and then we can compare how close we came in to having the same resolution. 
What brings you the deepest sense of happiness?
Knowing that I have made a difference in someone’s life. I have an ability to feel deep joy when I watch others succeed.

You are the owner of Master Koda Select Publishing, LLC. Is it the first business you have ever owned? 
*Laughter* Nooo. I was just a kid of six or seven when I first ventured into the land of entrepreneurial adventures. I was always hunting around for something to sell. One summer it was candy out of the back of a little red wagon (my venture into door to door sales), one summer it was a carnival in my back yard, one summer I gathered all the neighborhood kids and made them memorize lines and dress in ridiculous costumes and we charged all the adults to suffer through our off-off-off-Broadway plays. The one on-going business I had was selling my stories on the playground at school, so I guess I was an indie publisher way back before it was popular.



What K.D. Emerson has this to say to her readers.

Thanks to all the readers of my work and for your precious input. I don’t think you realize how much it means to me. Each one of you has given me a gift with your kind words. May God bless you in every step you take and may your life be filled with that glorious peace that passes all understanding.

~What Readers are saying ~

  • This book has a fascinating storyline and great characters with hidden talents. When I got to the end, I kept trying to flip to the next page before I realized it was a cliffhanger. No! I MUST know what happens next! ~ Laurie Boris
  • Looking for fantastic characters and a breath-holding, heart-pounding, hair-raising edge of your seat good time? Then look no further, Digitus 233 has it all ~ Maria
  • This knocked The Hunger Games right out of the running for me (and that's one of my favorites!) ~ Dominique
  • This sort of tale-spinning takes TALENT! All I've gotta say is this: KD - you'd better get the sequel written pretty darn quickly...!! ~ Liberty
  • Digitus 233 is an excellent example of an author whose characters look and sound real, and whose behaviour - while not always exemplary - rings true to me ~ Lynette
  • If you're a teacher, this is a book that is sure to capture the interest of your entire class! If you're a parent with a reluctant reader, I'd definitely suggest downloading this book to get him/her interested in reading! ~ Anne

Author Bio and links:

 K.D. Emerson loves writing thought provoking and action filled stories that bring her readers back for more. Although her writings deal with the evils of the world, she dishes out healthy doses of laughter and fun along the way.
K.D. spends her free time wrangling wild horses, rafting down the Amazon, hang gliding on a toothpick and when she's awake you will find her working on her next adventure or assisting other authors in creating their dreams.

Author blog
Publisher Website
Connect with her on Facebook
Twitter connection: @MstrKoda
Amazon Author Page

May all your dreams come true for this birthday and all the birthdays to follow!!



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Nadia! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Brenda! Happy Birthday, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, you are a beautiful and kind human being! Thank you for this awesome spotlight. I am grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And happy reading & writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from the Indies Unlimited blogfest, Brenda! And happy belated birthday, Kim! :)

    ReplyDelete