Friday, April 25, 2014

Author Angie Martin's fabulous book Conduit is Free on Amazon.com!


Conduit (An Emily Monroe Novel)


How do you hide from a killer when he's in your mind? 

Emily Monroe conceals her psychic gift from the world, but her abilities are much too strong to keep hidden from an equally gifted killer. A savvy private investigator, she discreetly uses her psychic prowess to solve cases. When the police ask her to assist on a new case, she learns the killer they seek is not only psychic, but is targeting her. 

The killer wants more than to invade her mind; he wants her. Believing they are destined for each other, he uses his victims as conduits to communicate with her, and she hears their screams while they are tortured. She opens her minds to help the victims, but it gives him a portal that he uses to lure her to him. With the killer taking over her mind, she must somehow stop him before she becomes his next victim.

My Review

Conduit grabs hold and doesn’t let go until the end. I was swept away by the never ending drama, mystery and intrigue. Glued to the pages. Very interesting premise that unfolds before your eyes in the most entertaining way. It was easy to get caught up in this psychological thriller that is filled with mystery and intense knock em out of the park scenes. One after another. This is not only a thriller and suspense novel but at the same time it is blended with the supernatural.

This well written book is definitely worth the read. Such a great escape that captivated my senses and overwhelmed my thoughts. I have to congratulate this author for coming up with such a riveting plot that blew me away. I would highly recommend this book to all my friends who are looking for a suspenseful escape.

What if you had psychic abilities and knew you were being stalked by a serial killer but you didn’t know where he was or how to stop him?

"David stopped listening to her spouting our worthless reasons to live and studied the animation in her eyes and face. She believed her pitiful reasons for living would work with him, that she was so indispensable to the rest of the world and deserved to live. What she didn't realize was that what she would accomplish with her death would overshadow everything she had done in life."



"the three o'clock in the morning sessions" is a poetry collection of works written over the span of almost fifteen years. This book also contains two short stories, "the door" and "brief love". All of the works deal with lost love or almost loves.

My review

the three o’clock in the morning sessions by Angie Martin made me feel for the girl writing these poems. I have felt her sadness and self-doubts. She writes from her heart as she pours out her soul onto these pages filled with real-life emotions. These gripping pieces touched me as I found a connection. We are not alone in our feelings in this vast world of ours. It’s so good that there are writers like this can share in such a way that you can feel this kind of bond.

The authors words filled me with thoughts of my own life. My mistakes, my sad moments and then again my complete joy. This is a beautiful collection that I am sure to read over and over again.


“it all began with a kiss”

it all began with a kiss
one stormy, summer night
on my back porch
under the sky
we gave the stars their light
it all began with a kiss
so gentle, soft, and true
i gave you my heart
my life and my soul
as into your world i flew
it all began with a kiss
then days turned into years
we fell in love
and when i cried
it was joyful tears
it all began with a kiss
i knew together we could fly
but then one cold
dark winter’s night
it all ended with goodbye





Rachel Thomas longs for normalcy, but if she stops running she could die...or worse. Chased by a past that wishes to imprison her, haunted by dreams that seek to destroy her, Rachel finds solace in a love she could not predict. A love she cannot deter. 

Mark Jacobson is the man who never needed love. He has his bookstore, his bachelorhood, and his freedom. In the moment he meets Rachel Thomas, he is swept into a world he never knew existed. One filled with the purest of love. One filled with betrayal, lies, and murder. 

Now Rachel and Mark are forced to face her past. The truth may kill them both. 

Reviews for False Security: 

"...an emotionally gripping thriller." ~ The Wichita Eagle 

"Fast-paced suspense and passionate romance. Each twist made me want to read on. The ending left me hungering for more. False Security is a winner." ~ R. Troyan Krause, author of 'The Works of the Flesh’


My Review

This fascinating book has a way of taking the reader by the hand and welcomes you right in. There is a realistic feel to it that kept me interested and wanting to more. There is nothing fancy about the writing which makes it easy to follow and get lost into the suspenseful narrative.

False Security is a well written suspenseful ride. What an emotional intriguing read. I devoured this book in just one sitting because I wanted to know what would happen next. The mysteries caught my attention and glued me to the pages. So fun. This story has a great plot with many sides. The romantic aspect was really touching and added to this powerful plot. I was intrigued by Rachel and her secrets.

"Despite knowing her relationship with Mark was the cause of the dream, Rachel could not bring herself to stop seeing him. He drew her to him in a way she could not explain or control. Even though she knew the time would come when she must leave him, she couldn't bring herself to entertain the thought of her life without him."


Bio

I live in California with my husband, two cats and beloved dog. I grew up in Wichita, Kansas and have lived all over the United States. My entire life has revolved around imaginary worlds contained within the covers of a book. My aunt introduced me to Stephen King and a little book called Christine in eighth grade, and my life was never the same.
My debut suspense novel, "False Security" was re-released in October 2013. "Conduit" (a psychological thriller with a paranormal twist) was released March 5, 2014. I am hard at work on many projects that I cannot wait to share with all of you!
Links



No comments:

Post a Comment