Friday, July 25, 2014

Linda Hamonou has a new release, Harajuku Kiss!

I am delighted to have the talented Linda Hamonou on my blog today who is promoting  her new book, Harajuku Kiss


At times, life can be so depressing. She is walking her usual recovery tour in Harajuku, finishing with a crepe, trying to forget that her boyfriend dumped her once again for the week-end... When the unthinkable happens... A boy stops in front of her in the street and kisses her, in the middle of the street, before running away.
Trying to discover more about him, she is dragged into a dangerous game of mystery. A biologist has been murdered and a deadly virus is on the loose. First suspect: the mysterious Harajuku's stranger. 

Excerpt

“Here we are,” he said, stopping in front of an Italian restaurant. 
It was the most Italian looking restaurant I had seen in Tokyo so far. It was just like the ones in Roma, with the green, white, red, flag, with the table in the terrace and the little bread that you can’t help but start eating even before knowing that it’s the place you want to eat at.
“Why?” I asked.
He pushed me inside.
“I thought you said you wanted spaghetti,” he answered, looking at me as if it was obvious that we would end up here.
“Oh,” I said, feeling my eyes opening a bit wider. “Sure!”
This time my smile was probably going to stay on my face forever, I wondered if it was a date or something. This was the first time in a long time when I ended up in a restaurant where I actually wanted to eat. Whenever one of my ex-boyfriends asked me what I wanted to eat, either he was cooking or if we were going out, it was mostly to be polite. At least that’s what I suspected because we never ended up eating what I asked for. It was true that I asked for spaghetti often, but having what I wanted once in a while wouldn’t have killed me. I suddenly felt spoiled and grateful and shy.
“Why are you smiling like that?” he asked.
“I’m not sure,” I answered.


Bio

Born in November 1983 in Brittany, France, Linda Hamonou spent a lot of time lost in Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's novels. She entered university to study physics and obtained her PHD at Queen's University Belfast in 2009. Her studies allowed her to travel to Europe and America. She then moved to Japan and after three years doing research in Tokyo, she is currently doing a new postdoc in Sendai, Japan.

Links



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Brenda. I love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Linda. Wishing you much success with this release. :-)

      Delete