Thursday, September 18, 2014

Firebound (Spellbringers Book 2) by Tricia Drammeh

New Release! Firebound, book two in the Spellbringers series by author Tricia Drammeh is now available on Kindle and is coming to paperback soon. If you liked Spellbound, you'll LOVE Firebound. Grab your Kindle copy today for only $2.99! 


Rachel's thirst for knowledge about the family she never knew drives her to keep a secret from the Alexanders that shatters Jace's trust in her. With her renewed dream-relationship with Re'Vel, she walks a razor's edge, putting the entire Alexander family - and Alisa - in terrible danger. 
Alisa and Bryce are more in love than ever, but his jealousy and possessiveness threatens to push Alisa away. With his Claiming Words ringing in Alisa's ears, she tries to reconcile her sense of independence with her desperate yearning for Bryce. 
A dark enemy from the Alexanders’ past is out for vengeance and uses Rachel as his target to get to the family he despises. When Alisa is caught in the crossfire, Bryce is willing to sacrifice anything to save her - even his own soul. 


My Review

Firebound by Tricia Drammeh is the second book in the Spellbringers series.These are such powerful books and this installment was a great addition to the first. The writing is coptivating, as well as the plot. This book invites you right in. 

There is a romantic aspect to this story that made it hard to walk away from. The characters have something special. So much so that you want it to work out for them.

This is a magical story that touched me. Firebound is so entertaining that you won’t want it to end. Just thankful there is a third book in the works. I am truly looking forward to learning how things fall together. 

The shocking twists and turns caught me off guard and had me reading much longer than I anticipated. I highly recommend this book and others by Tricia Drammeh. Doesn’t matter what the subject, this author knows how to grab its reader by taking us on a moving adventure. Her stories are well rounded and filled with humanity. 

Quote~

"Bryce said he wanted me, but now I wasn't so sure. Rachel told me she could see the initial ties that bound him to me-ties which formed when he spoke the Claiming Words. But those ties did not constitute a real Bond. Did it? I felt changed by his claim. My soul screamed for his, but perhaps he didn't feel the same. Maybe he could sever the ties that bound us without a second thought? But for me it wouldn't be so easy. I had no magic to pledge to him, but I'd given him my heart."



Spellbound (Spellbringers Book 1)

The Demon Re’Vel stalks his prey in the forest of dreams, slowly gaining control over the mind of his victim. Rachel doesn’t realize the Demon is real. In fact, she doesn’t believe in magic, Demons, Hunters, or any of the other things the Alexanders have warned her about. She resists their protection, but can’t resist her overwhelming feelings for Jace. 

Alisa has been drawn to Jace since the day she saved him from a Hunter attack. A mere human in a world of Spellbringers, Alisa has been embraced by the Alexander family as a hero, but not everyone is willing to accept her. Jace’s intimidating older brother, Bryce, keeps his emotions and his secrets hidden. When Bryce confides in Alisa, it puts her relationship with Jace and the entire Alexander family at risk. 

Danger, secrets, and betrayal collide, and when the Demon makes his claim, the small, southern town of Oaktree becomes a battleground for Rachel’s life. 

Formerly published under the title 'The Claiming Words,' Spellbound is a completely re-written, re-vamped novel featuring added scenes, additional chapters, and a new ending.

My Review


From the opening sentence of Spellbound I was hooked. Tricia Drammeh expertly weaves a tale of great fascination. I read in a fury wanting to know more. I was enthralled with the story and indulged myself until I got to the end. I couldn't put this book down. That is how good it is.

Alisa's story touched me and I could relate to her insecurities. She is a teenager who has to deal with a constant bully who happens to be her cousin.
Written in such a way it was easy to connect to her and what she was going through.

I liked that this story shared different viewpoints, going from Alisa to Rachel. Both stories seemed to parallel the other. Really felt like I was getting into their heads. So good to get more than one perspective.

I guess you can call this a coming-of-age story yet it isn't quite what it seems. There are paranormal aspects that kept me guessing and a well developed plot line that kept me on my toes. So many twists that I did not see coming.

I don't think you have to be young to enjoy this YA story. I ate it up in one sitting. This book is fast paced, wildly entertaining and easy to escape into the unknown that was Spellbound. Highly recommend reading this book before book two, Firebound comes out. This is a great start to the Spellbringers series.

Quote ~

"My worry over Jeffrey would be a constant tickle in the back of my mind, probably for the rest of my life. I longed for days past when the only things I had to worry about were grades and college applications.I used to live in a world where magic only existed in my silly little vampire novels. Now magic followed me everywhere, and I couldn't find safety even in my dreams."


Bio

Tricia Drammeh is a wife and mother of four children who lives in New Hampshire. Her published works include the Spellbringers series, Better than Perfect, The Seance, and The Fifth Circle. She is currently working on her eighth novel. When Tricia isn't writing, she can be found devouring books, chasing cats, or consuming vast amounts of coffee.



Links 





2 comments: