Saturday, April 4, 2015

Sweet Sorrow by Tricia Drammeh


Sweet Sorrow  by Tricia Drammeh

Rowan achieves her greatest desire when she earns the part of Juliet in the school play, but it’s impossible to concentrate on her lines when her secret crush is cast as Romeo. Eddie is a fallen football hero and the subject of widespread gossip. Not only has he lost the respect of his peers, he’s also earned the open animosity of Rowan's father, the high school’s football coach. Eddie isn't the only one with a tarnished past—Rowan has secrets of her own. When the truth is revealed, will Rowan replace Eddie as the most hated student in school, or will Rowan and Eddie share the stage together?


My Review

Sweet Sorrow by Tricia Drammeh is an endearing tender story that grabbed me. Swept me up and took me in. I love the natural flow and how the author writes from a true place. There is so little that feels like fiction I would think it is a memoir but it is not. This is an emotional, gripping tale that was easy to get absorbed into making it very difficult to put down. 

The author takes you back to what should be a more innocent time and does it seamlessly. She writes this from a teens perspective but it comes across authentic. I can relate to being THAT girl and experiencing those emotions. I was instantly absorbed into Rowan’s teenage life. I could identify with the insecurities and the all too familiar, self-doubt. Through it all, Rowan shows to be a warrior and this story becomes one of empowerment.

Sweet Sorrow is a coming-of-age story but so much more. There is much depth and poignant moments. This is the kind of book I like to read even though I am not a young adult. I loved the escape it allowed me to venture into. The writing is as smooth as can be and the storyline held me captive and left me wanting more. I was hooked from the start and enjoyed the twists and turns that kept me guessing throughout. There is just something special about going back to your youth from a different perspective. I adored this book and plan to recommend it to my friends.

Quote ~


I refrain from rolling my eyes, but just barely. Morgan’s my best friend and I love her, but she doesn’t realize how perfect her life is. Sometimes it makes me envious. Other times, it just hurts my feelings the way she takes for granted all the things I wish I had. How she gets pissed off if she has to endure the slightest inconvenience—her car being put in the shop for a day, running out of her one-hundred dollar a week allowance before the week is through, or a simple request to babysit her brother. 


Tricia Drammeh is a wife and mother of four children who lives in New Hampshire. Her published works include the Spellbringers series, Sweet Sorrow, Better than Perfect, The Seance, and The Fifth Circle. She is currently working on her eighth novel. When Tricia isn't writing, she can be found devouring books, chasing cats, or consuming vast amounts of coffee.

Links 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Brenda. I'm honored by your review and blown away by the breathtaking artwork you've created. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete